Amateur astronomy is a great family hobby that can be enjoyed year round, and Celestron’s PowerSeekers are the ideal choice for an affordable and high quality telescope that will provide many hours of enjoyment for the entire family.
PowerSeekers are quick and easy to set up – even for the novice. No tools are required for assembly!
Their sturdy equatorial mounts are perfect for tracking objects in the night sky, and the collapsible alt-azimuth mounts are perfectly suited for terrestrial (land) viewing as well as astronomical use. All of Celestron’s PowerSeekers include a full range of eyepieces plus a 3x Barlow lens that provides an increase in viewing power hundreds of times greater than that of the unaided eye!
PowerSeekers are designed and manufactured using all fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity. Erect Image Optics are ideal for terretrial (land) and astronomical (sky) use.
Locate and identify thousands of celestial objects on your laptop or PC with "The SkyX" Planetarium Software included FREE with every PowerSeeker model
PowerSeeker 70AZ - General Features
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Slow motion controls for smooth tracking
- Erect image optics - Ideal for terrestrial and astronomical use
- Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- Accessory tray for convenient storage of accessories
- "The SkyX" Planetarium Software with 10,000 object database and enhanced images
Optical Design : Refractor
Aperture : 70 mm (2.76 in)
Focal Length : 700 mm (27.56 in)
Eyepiece 1 : 20 mm (0.79 in)
Eyepiece 2 : 4 mm (0.16 in)
Star Diagonal : 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
Accessory Tray : No-Tool Tray with Eyepiece holder
CD ROM : "The SkyX" Planetarium Software
Limiting Stellar Magnitude : 11.7
Resolution (Rayleigh) : 1.99 arcsec
Resolution (Dawes) : 1.66 arcsec
Light Gathering Power : 100 x
Angular Field of View : 1.4 °
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) : 74 ft (22.56 m)
Optical Coatings : Fully-Coated
Optical Tube Length : 30 in (762 mm)